Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabrielle_goyet

Why am I not the admin?

Jump to solution

Hi, I just created my account today and started building my course. I am the only user for this course, but I have not been assigned admin status. How do I become the admin for my course? Otherwise I can't create certain permissions for students. Attached is a screenshot of my dashboard. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gabrielle_goyet , I couldn't tell from your screen shot, but are you using the free for teachers version of Canvas? If so, then you won't have access to the Admin side of Canvas. That is a paid Canvas feature. If you are using a paid account for Canvas, then you would want to check with the person who is setting up Canvas at your school - so possibly someone from IT? They should be able to talk with you about what you are wanting and what is possible for your given school/situation.

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gabrielle_goyet , I couldn't tell from your screen shot, but are you using the free for teachers version of Canvas? If so, then you won't have access to the Admin side of Canvas. That is a paid Canvas feature. If you are using a paid account for Canvas, then you would want to check with the person who is setting up Canvas at your school - so possibly someone from IT? They should be able to talk with you about what you are wanting and what is possible for your given school/situation.

Hope this helps!

Kona

Hi Kona, I'm having difficulty finding was the paid version of Canvas offers. Is there a page where it states the benefits of free vs. paid?

Do I need to use a paid version of Canvas to sell my course to students? 

Here is a comparison for the paid versus the free version of Canvas - https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/Canvas_Account_Comparisons.pdf 

As for being able to charge people, I’m honestly not sure. That’s well above my pay grade, but I’ll see if one of the Community Managers can help answer that question. 

Hi Gabi,

The Acceptable Use Policy that is linked to from the login page on the Free for Teacher instance of Canvas dictates what you can do with regards to selling access to your courses.  That policy does not forbid you making a profit while using the site but it also absolves Instructure from any liability should you fail to do so.  Smiley Happy  

If you decide that you would like to explore options for purchasing an instance of Canvas, please let us know.