cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamcfarland24
Community Member

Why are my files locked but on my teachers student view says they are unlocked.

Jump to solution

Under the module section, there are pdf files that my teacher posts. When I go to click on them, it says it is locked. Then I ask my teacher about the matter and she says in her student view all files are open. This has happened multiple times.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jamcfarland24 ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

There are a couple of things that might be going on here. Are you the only student who is having this issue? Was the Instructor able to get you access to the files? 

In all honesty it's hard to help with an issue like this without taking to the Instructor and/or having access to the course - neither of which we have here in the Canvas Community. My recommendation is to contact Canvas Support (Help link in Canvas and then Report a Problem) next time you experience this issue (or if you're still having the problem) and see if they can help; they would have access to the course and be able to communicate with your Instructor.

sdemirhan
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Jefferey McFarland,

I am sorry to hear about this experience. So, most likely, the file that has been uploaded is probably in a folder that is locked and that may be the issue. If this is the case, then the instructor of the course will need to publish the folder in order for the contents in that folder to be accessible by the students.

However, if you could file a ticket with us, we will be more then happy to take a further look into this.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jamcfarland24 ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

View solution in original post