cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lglen
Community Participant

Why are there two columns with student names in my gradebook?

I have a column called "Student Name" a column called "Total" (these are both what you would expect) and then the third column has no title, but contains the same student names...

Tags (2)
7 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Leslie,

I see it too and it's never been there before to my knowledge.  I'm reporting it to support right now and will let you know what they have to say. It wouldn't hurt if you want to report it as well by clicking the Help button on the left side of Canvas.

Rick

rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Leslie, 

I was just on chat with Canvas support and they are aware of it.  There was a code deploy last night and I bet there must have been a bug or something.  If I hear more I'll try to update it here but it does sound like a Canvas system issue, not just something with your course (every course I've looked at has the same thing right now).

Rick

admin62
Community Member

I have the same problem and it cuts off my view of the assignments as the window is frozen on those 2 columns. So when are they expecting to fix it?

We just finished final exams and faculty are entering grades. Will the two rosters in the gradebook impact entering new grades in any way? Should they wait until this is fixed to enter or update grades? Thanks. 

lglen
Community Participant

Thanks Rick!

rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I didn't hear back officially from Canvas support but for me and a few others I've chatted with it appears this issue of the repeated names column has been fixed.

Rick

lglen
Community Participant

Thanks Rick. Pretty typical for Canvas not to bother with a reply. It's probably just as well; the replies I do get are pretty unhelpful. Your communication skills are way better - shame you're not getting paid huge sums of money for it!