cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtedders
Community Member

Why are there two grades under the score column?

Under Grades for an individual student in the score column there are two grades.  One is not in parentheses and looks like it is rounded to two decimal places.  The second number is in parentheses and appears to be the score entered using speed grader(I am not 100% sure on this).  My question is why are their two scores here and which one will be used in the final grade calculation.  Assignments are weighted and there is a specific grading scheme being used. Grades are being show on GPA scale.

Thanks,

Jan

299375_pastedImage_1.png

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jtedders ...

The only example I could find in the Student Guides was this: How do I use the icons and colors in the Grades page? Take a look at the image under the heading "Grading Types".  You'll notice towards the bottom of that image there are two numbers...similar to what you are showing in your own screen shot.

EDIT: Re-reading your question, it appears that you are using "GPA Scale".  I'll still keep the below information here for those reading.

So, I am wondering if you have these assignments set up with the "Display Grade as" option set to "GPA Scale"?  Might you be using a Grading Scheme (which shows up as a link when selecting "GPA Scale") with these assignments?  Here are a handful of Guides I found for you:

How do I add a grading scheme to an assignment? 

How do I use grading schemes in a course? 

How do I view grading schemes in a course? 

How do I enable a grading scheme for a course? 

How do I add a grading scheme in a course? 

I am hoping that this information will be helpful to you, Jan.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello again,  @jtedders ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I noticed that we've not heard back from you since you first posted your question on December 7, 2018.  I had replied to you a day later with some useful links to Guides here in the Community.  Have you had a chance to review my feedback?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your original question?  If you feel that my above reply has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to my response.  However, if you are still looking for some assistance, please come back to this topic to post an update for us so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you in about five months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about the same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Jan.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.