cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanisStier
Community Member

Why can't I embed Canvas Studio videos on Google Slide Presentation?

Jump to solution

Link doesn't work for embed in Google; maybe because Canvas link isn't public??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Yes! This is exactly the problem, Chris: the link there doesn't work in the GS upload process as a URL. But I found a solution: GS allows uploads from Google Drive-and I figured it out! It takes time for the vid to process in GD, but then it can be uploaded to GS. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@JanisStier ...

Can you please describe how you are trying to embed the Studio link in a Google Slide?  Are you using the steps outlined in this Guide to get either the public link or the embed code?  How do I get a public link or embed code for media... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)  Both of the options presented in this Guide are "public" ... as you don't need a username/password to view them.  The public link could be shared with anyone...as long as they have the link.  The embed code could be used on any website to embed your Studio media on a webpage.

Keep us posted...thanks!

0 Kudos

I am trying to embed a Canvas Studio Video into a Google Slide presentation. Usually GS has you either use a YouTube link or a URL. The Studio video link doesn't work for the URL and I can't figure out how else to do it. I don't have the Create Public Link button!

0 Kudos

Hi again, @JanisStier ...

So I just noticed that the directions/screenshots in the Guide that I gave you are not quite accurate...but close.  As I was looking in my own Canvas environment with Studio, when I click on the option to "Share Media" and then the "Links" tab, there is not a "Create Public Link" button.  Rather, the public "Link" and the "Embed Code" options are shown right away....at least in my view.  So, if you also have these kinds of options, all you really need is that first one, the "Link" URL.  That is the "public" link that you can put into your Google Slides presentation.  In that Guide, I think you could simply ignore the screenshot directly under the "Create Public Link" heading and move to the next screenshot under the heading "View Links"...as that is what my screen looks like immediately after selecting the "Share Media" option.  Are you seeing both of those options on your screen instead of the "Create Public Link"?

0 Kudos

Yes! This is exactly the problem, Chris: the link there doesn't work in the GS upload process as a URL. But I found a solution: GS allows uploads from Google Drive-and I figured it out! It takes time for the vid to process in GD, but then it can be uploaded to GS. 

@JanisStier ...

I am glad you were able to find a solution that will work for you.  I also submitted a request for that Guide (the one I linked to) to be updated by the Documentation Team so that screenshot might be removed.

0 Kudos