Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leigh_miles

Why can't I find my Canvas quizzes that I created with "new quizzes" when I try to add them to my Module?

Jump to solution

When i try to add a quiz to my Module, I can only choose from quizzes I made in the "classic" platform. I cannot add any quizzes I created in the "new quiz" category. Where are they? 

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @leigh_miles ...

When go to the screen to add a content item to your module (How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?), do you see your New Quizzes item listed within the "Assignments" drop-down list rather than your "Quizzes" drop-down list?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @leigh_miles ...

When go to the screen to add a content item to your module (How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?), do you see your New Quizzes item listed within the "Assignments" drop-down list rather than your "Quizzes" drop-down list?

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I can find the quizzes in the "assignments" drop down list which is great! however, when I add to the module then test the link, it goes to "build mode" where students can see my view (editing, questions, answers, etc). Its not the actual quiz.

We're getting closer! Any more suggestions?

Leigh Miles

Mathematics Teacher

Mt. Hebron High School

Leigh_Miles@hcpss.org

0 Kudos

Hi  @leigh_miles ...

Actually, that is exactly what *should* be happening when you click on the link when you're signed in as an instructor.  (That's why you would have all the options to build quiz questions, configure the settings for the quiz, etc.)  If you go to your "Student View" (How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?), you can click on the item within your module, and you'll see what the quiz looks like from a student perspective.

Hoping this helps to clarify things for you, Leigh.

0 Kudos

Yes, I just tried it from the student view and it all looks good! Thank you so much for helping!

Leigh Miles

Mathematics Teacher

Mt. Hebron High School

Leigh_Miles@hcpss.org

You're welcome.  Stay safe, and be well!

0 Kudos

My new quizzes are not appearing under assignments or quizzes. Thoughts?

0 Kudos