cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cochrell_elizab
Community Member

Why can't I find my dashboard or courses after I've logged in?

Jump to solution

I logged into canvas, why can't I find my courses? or my dashboard? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out! I had to sign into Corsair Connect then click the Canvass box that's displayed on my home page for Corsair Connect, thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cochrell_elizab .  Are you looking at Canvas with a mobile device or on a desktop computer?  Also, when you say that you can't find your Dashboard, do you mean that the courses that you are looking for are not on your dashboard or that you cannot find the dashboard at all? 

If you are using a computer and on your dashboard but can't find your class, try clicking on the "courses" tab and "all courses".  If your class is there then you can favorite it by selecting the start next to the class.  It should then appear on your dashboard.  With the all courses view you can also determine if the class is "unpublished".  If this is the case you cannot access the course until your instructor has published it.

When viewing all of the courses, if you still cannot find the class you are looking for I would suggest contacting the Registrar's Office or IT Department at your institution.  Many systems are set up so that once a student formally enrolls in a course, this is updated automatically in Canvas.  A few times at our institution we have found that this automatic update hadn't occurred by the time the student was trying to access the course.

I hope this helps.  Good luck this term!

I figured it out! I had to sign into Corsair Connect then click the Canvass box that's displayed on my home page for Corsair Connect, thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

Glad to hear everything is working  @cochrell_elizab  and thanks for the update!