cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulg
Community Member

Why can't I see the grades in the parent app?

Jump to solution

I can't see the grades in the parent app.  It just shows "No Grade".  I can see the grades on the website.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi paulg ~

Canvas Parent is something that needs to be enabled at the institution level. As mentioned in Canvas Parent: FAQ‌:

Administrators can enable or disable access to Canvas Parent at an institution level using the Canvas Parent feature flag within Canvas. This flag is disabled by default. Parents will only be able to connect with students using Canvas Parent at institutions that have enabled the Canvas Parent feature flag.

However, Canvas Observers can access Canvas Parent whether or not the Feature Flag is enabled.

I'll do some tests on my phone with Canvas Parent to see if the behavior of not being able to view grades is consistent. Are your operating system and the app up to date? ...also, which platform are you using?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
paulg
Community Member

Is there something the school has to do to enable this in the parent app?  Or should it just automatically work.  I can see all the classes, just no grades.  Like I wrote previously, I can see the grades on the website and when I browse to the website on my phone, I see the grades in the "full website" view.  So clearly something is not working correctly in the app.

Thanks,

Paul

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi paulg ~

Canvas Parent is something that needs to be enabled at the institution level. As mentioned in Canvas Parent: FAQ‌:

Administrators can enable or disable access to Canvas Parent at an institution level using the Canvas Parent feature flag within Canvas. This flag is disabled by default. Parents will only be able to connect with students using Canvas Parent at institutions that have enabled the Canvas Parent feature flag.

However, Canvas Observers can access Canvas Parent whether or not the Feature Flag is enabled.

I'll do some tests on my phone with Canvas Parent to see if the behavior of not being able to view grades is consistent. Are your operating system and the app up to date? ...also, which platform are you using?

View solution in original post

paulg
Community Member

Ok.  Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, my OS is up to date.  I am on iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.1, app version 1.2.3.

I guess I'll ask some of the parents and see if they are able to use the parent app.  But you answered my question.

Thanks,

Paul

kasperryan
Community Member

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. In the parent app on my device, only an N/A appears for all the grades. On the desktop I can see the grades just fine. 

melanie2
Community Participant

Me too. Just had one of our parents unable to view grades in the app but can see them on her desktop.