Why can't my students hear the audio when I play videos through screen sharing?

Jump to solution
cjwalsh
Community Novice

They can hear me speaking but not the video audio. 

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@cjwalsh  

I'm not sure which conferencing tool you are using, but you usually have to select your 'computer' as your audio input source (aka microphone).  In the past, when I've done this in zoom, when I share my screen there is a checkbox below that asks if I want to share my desktop audio as well

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I am using the "Conference" tab within Canvas. My students can hear me speaking but they cannot hear the video's audio when I share my screen. Only the initial question of connecting to audio through my microphone comes up at the start of the conference but once I go to share my screen, no further prompts appear. Can you please advise how I can ensure that my students can hear the video's audio?

Thanks very much!

Caroline Walsh

Speech-Language Pathologist

Half Hollow Hills CSD

0 Likes

Hello there,  @cjwalsh ...

Let's see if  @ffdixon ‌ can shed any additional light on this for you.  I know that another Community member had a similar question today (I'm trying to share youtube video on conference and the kids can't hear the video on their end. ????...), so hopefully he'll be able to help with your question, too.  Good luck!  Stay safe, and be well.

0 Likes