Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryba1ca

Why can't students view peer review info on the Assignment page when "On Paper" or "No Submission" is chosen?

Can someone explain why an On Paper or No Submission assignment won't show peer review info to students on the Assignment info page?

From https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10550-4212103951

If your instructor has assigned an On Paper or No Submission assignment, the assigned peer review will not be displayed on this page. However, it can still be viewed from the Dashboard.

The issue with it being visible from the Dashboard is after they do the review, they can't get back in later on to look at the review. This is not an issue when there is a submission involved.

I'm going to tell our instructors to require some sort of submission -- even just a simple bit of text like a student typing in their name or something like "please give me a good review :-)". Then that should take care of the issue. However, it still doesn't answer my original question but simply provides a workaround of sorts.

Some may wonder what exactly we're reviewing when there is no submission involved. In this case, it's group members rating each other about their work on a particular project.

Any other thoughts on this? Thanks!

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello pryba1ca...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question and noticed that nobody has responded to you yet.  #sadpanda‌  I wanted to check in with you, however.  While I'm not exactly sure of the reasoning myself, have you been able to come up with any answers or solutions on your own since you first posted this question on February 28, 2018?  If so, would you be willing to share what you've learned back here in this thread?  I'm not saying that posting your question here wasn't the proper thing to do, but sometimes when you have questions about something in a Guide (which you've linked to above), you can post that question to the bottom of the Guide.  Typically, you will receive a reply from the  @jivedocs_unfede ‌.  And, if you think that a part of the Guide needs clarifying, you can also mention that in your comments, and they will take it under consideration for process improvement.

For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you...but more because we've not seen any new activity in this topic for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, John.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

I see now that I can leave a comment at the bottom of the page I referenced. I'll post my question there. Thanks!