cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azwaldo
Community Participant

Why do deleted assignments appear in the Assignments Summary of the Syllabus?

Jump to solution

After importing content from the Commons into a course by mistake, all of the erroneous "assignments" were deleted. However, in the "Assigments Summary" section of the Syllabus, a calendar event still appears for each of the following:

• Begin Review
  • Osmosis Jones
  • Watch Gattacca
  • Watch The Island
  • Watch: Creation

(All are duplicated, except the first.)

Course URL: https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/988757

I plan to share this course in the Commons (attn:  @biray  ), once it is finished; but those errant items are a distraction.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azwaldo
Community Participant

Original course has been fixed. Users can address this sort of thing with info in this Canvas Guide: How do I edit an event or assignment in the Calendar? | Canvas Instructor Guide | Canvas Guides

Much appreciation , here, for the feedback from Community members; and many thanks to Jeremy, James and Chad (Canvas Support) for providing the guide for future reference, and for the fix in my course.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

I'd suggest looking at the calender for the course, and seeing if you can delete them from there.  If that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting Canvas support to see if they can help you remove them.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@azwaldo , my thoughts were similar to  @abunag ​'s...and thanks to snugent​ I recently learned how to delete undated events from the Calendar, so maybe that's where you'll find them (How do I delete undated events from the syllabus calendar? )

azwaldo
Community Participant

Thank you, Anthony and Stefanie, for your replies. Scrolling forward and back in the calendar revealed no entries, and none of the ghost-items appear in the "Undated items" list (nice tip, that).

I will dig around a bit more, then probably contact Canvas support next.

Thanks again.

snugent
Community Champion

John

Are the events hyperlinked in the syllabus list? If so, you should be able to click on the event which will take you to the event on the calendar (if it is on day) and you should see the option to delete or edit the event. If the event is not hyperlinked, I would submit a ticket.

azwaldo
Community Participant

Hyperlinked, yes; but, when clicked, each one opens the calendar to today's date (with none actually assigned for today). The plot thickens. Seems a support ticket is in my future.

Thank you, Susan.

biray
Community Champion

Plot thickens, indeed. I think stefaniesanders​ and  @abunag ​ made great suggestions... but you're right, it may appear that a support ticket is in your future.

Once you get to the bottom of this, would you mind coming back here and letting us know how the issue was resolved? I think it would be a great way to close the loop. Smiley Happy

azwaldo
Community Participant

Original course has been fixed. Users can address this sort of thing with info in this Canvas Guide: How do I edit an event or assignment in the Calendar? | Canvas Instructor Guide | Canvas Guides

Much appreciation , here, for the feedback from Community members; and many thanks to Jeremy, James and Chad (Canvas Support) for providing the guide for future reference, and for the fix in my course.

View solution in original post