cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MirandaRodak

Why do strange lines appear in empty spaces?

For years now, I've had this problem and can't figure it out. Sometimes (but not always) when I use the space bar to put space between two elements, such as images of buttons sitting side by side, Canvas will show the empty space as having a strange line in it. For example, there's no line between the images for buttons 1 and 2, but then strange line between buttons 2 and 3, 5 and 6, etc. Whyyyyy??Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 5.47.17 PM.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @MirandaRodak ...

When you are viewing your page from a student's perspective, what happens when you hover your mouse directly in-between the buttons for "Week 2" and "Week 3", for example, where that line is showing up?  When you hover over that line between the two buttons, does it seem like it is an "active" link that you could click on?  If so, my guess is that the HTML code is probably using the space you inserted as part of the "Week 2" or "Week 3" button.  You'd have to do a bit of super-sleuthing to look at the HTML code and identify where this might be so that you can remove it from the code.  For example, look at what your code looks like for the "Week 8" and "Week 9" buttons.  How does that code differ from what you have for the "Week 2" and "Week 3" buttons?

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!