cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlofinch
Community Participant

Why does the Canvas app show concluded courses?

Why are concluded courses listed on the mobile app?  And more importantly, why do current/open courses not automatically populate on the dashboard?

We are a 6-12 school with 4 marking periods a year.  So in one year, a student is enrolled in 28 courses a year, times that by the 3 years we have had Canvas- we have some students that have 84 courses listed in their Canvas app.  It is maddening to try to find all their current courses in that list in order to mark them as "favorites".

Is there something I can do on the admin side to remove concluded courses other than deleting them which I obviously don't want to do for recording purposes?  I thought about unpublishing them, but it won't let you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tlofinch ​,

First, I would like to apologize for not responding to your question in a timely manner. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie