Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephanie_johns

Why don't all my Pages show up in the Insert Content > Links Wiki Pages list?

Jump to solution

I have a lot of pages in my course. When I try to insert a cross-reference or link, not all of my pages are visible. My list is truncating in the "Vs," so that any page beginning with "W," is not appearing. If I want to link to it, I have to go to Pages, find the page, open it, and copy the URL, then go back to the page I am editing and open and insert a link there. Am I missing something here? Or does Canvas really max out?

15 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Wow  @James ​! That's a pretty awesome work-around!

scott
Community Member

They need a search box at the top of the list of pages.  That would help with this issue and in general make it much quicker to get to a page that you need to edit.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@scott ​...

If you would like to see a search field for Pages, there is a Feature Idea currently open for voting, here: ​.  As a side note, you might also want to take a look at the comment from  @Renee_Carney ​ on that Feature Idea...as there has been other suggestions about search functionality in the past.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

As an update to this, on the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-12-12) it states that this problem is being fixed!

Page Display Limit: Users can view all pages in the Pages sidebar.

Explanation: When an instructor created or edited a page and tried to add an existing page from the wiki pages list in the Content Selector sidebar, the list stopped displaying pages after showing 150 titles. This behavior occurred because the page display limit was set to 150. Canvas code has been updated to not set a limit for the list of wiki pages. However, pages must be published to appear in the list.

Kona,

Thanks for pointing this out and including the link for the release notes! This change is good news and having the page limit removed will make a huge difference in constructing our lengthy certfication courses.

--Stephanie

Hey, it works!  I can see my gazillion pages in the Wiki list now, and this fix has made my course development so much easier! I want to thank all of you in the community for showing interest in this posting and Instructure for following up.