cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbink
Community Contributor

Why is Blueprint Sync listed in the notification preferences of students?

Jump to solution

In a usability testing session and we have a student looking at his notification preferences and blueprint syncs is listed.  I know we can send out notifications when the blueprint is synced to the child courses, I assumed only teachers got those notifications.  Do students also get notified of this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dgilogley
Community Participant

Hi!

That's because a user is just a user within Canvas, until they are enrolled in a course. So the notifications page doesn't know which role you will be within a course.

As for if you are in the student role in a course that is a Blueprint Associated course, and have that preferences for Blueprint On, that student won't be notified, as it's for the users in the Teacher role within that course.

Note - The Admin using the Blueprint master must also choose to notify when pushing updates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dgilogley
Community Participant

Hi!

That's because a user is just a user within Canvas, until they are enrolled in a course. So the notifications page doesn't know which role you will be within a course.

As for if you are in the student role in a course that is a Blueprint Associated course, and have that preferences for Blueprint On, that student won't be notified, as it's for the users in the Teacher role within that course.

Note - The Admin using the Blueprint master must also choose to notify when pushing updates.

View solution in original post

kbink
Community Contributor

Perfect! Just the confirmation I needed. Thanks!

On Wed, May 23, 2018, 10:54 PM dgilogley@instructure.com <