cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalvarado-nonem
Community Participant

Why isn't "Public" privacy setting sending any data?

Hi,

I think something happened recently with the data Canvas sends via its external app configurations.  When you choose "Public" as the privacy setting for an external app configuration, it used to be that Canvas would send across a panoply of information in the LTI launch request, including the email address.  However, now, this information is no longer sent across.  By selecting "Email-Only" as the privacy setting, the email is sent.  Unfortunately, many of our customers interpreted "Public" to mean everything was sent (which it used to be) and now that is no longer the case.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI  @dalvarado-nonem ,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped. Were you able to find the cause of this change through some of your own additional sleuthing? If not, do you still need assistance with this (please let us know, we are always happy to help)!

If you did find a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dalvarado-nonem ...

Like  @stuart_ryan , I also wanted to check in with you.  We haven't heard back from you since you first posted your question on August 20, 2018.  Have you been able to find a solution to your question on your own since you first posted this question back in August?  Are you still looking for some help from members of the Community?  If you could please fill us in one way or the other, that would be awesome!  And, as Stuart suggested, if you did find a solution, it would be great to know what you did to solve this so that other Community members can learn from you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you so far...but more because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since Stuart's reply on December 27, 2018.  However, this won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Dave.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.