cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_sanzin
Community Champion

Why was teacher account automatically deleted from Canvas?

Jump to solution

I had a teacher message me and say that she could not log into Canvas. I checked and her user account and it is no longer there. She is moving from the middle school to the high school. PowerSchool is our SIS. Any Ideas how I get it back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Community Champion

It was likely deleted by the SIS feed - whatever criteria you had set up for the generation of your user list no longer included the teacher.  The way to fix it is to have her back on the user list.  She will retain whatever enrollments the SIS feed gives her, but will have lost anything she was manually enrolled in, along with any groups she was a part of - those will have to be manually fixed once the account is re-built by the SIS feed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

It was likely deleted by the SIS feed - whatever criteria you had set up for the generation of your user list no longer included the teacher.  The way to fix it is to have her back on the user list.  She will retain whatever enrollments the SIS feed gives her, but will have lost anything she was manually enrolled in, along with any groups she was a part of - those will have to be manually fixed once the account is re-built by the SIS feed.

View solution in original post

james_sanzin
Community Champion

Thanks  @abunag ‌