cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linclind9545
Community Member

Why will the audio play but not the video?

On my canvas i am trying to watch a video for an assignment but the video will not play and the audio will. Is there something I can do to get it to work?

Thanks, 

Lincoln Lindsey

2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @linclind9545 .  Do you know if the video is in Canvas directly or if it links to YouTube, Vimeo, or another player like Kaltura?  I haven't run into this myself, but I would try opening the page in a couple of different web browsers, like Chrome and FireFox.  There are times when course elements work better in one versus another.  If the video is linking to another page, you might try to view the video directly from that site.  In YouTube for example, when the video is playing in Canvas there is a button you can click to play it from YouTube directly.  If nothing appears to work you could contact Canvas support to see if they have any insight.

Best wishes!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @linclind9545 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on February 26, 2018.  It looks like ericwerth replied to you later that afternoon.  Have you had a chance to review Eric's response?  If so, did his reply help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance with your question?  It looks like he may need some additional information from you in order to help you further.  Also, if you feel that Eric's feedback has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark his response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance from members of the Community, please let us know by posting a message below so that someone might be able to help you out.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you in almost four months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for that same amount of time.  However, that won't stop you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Lincoln.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.