Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpothoven

Why won't my cell number register?

Jump to solution

On canvas, there's a really nice way for canvas to notify you when grades are published, someone replies to a discussion board, assignments are due, etc. via text message in account settings in webcourses. However, when I try to register my cell number, the confirmation code that is suppose to be sent to my phone never comes. I've tried over and over again, but it doesn't work. I have been able to use this notification method before on the canvas dashboard (at a different college) and don't understand what's wrong. Also, it doesn't have the re-send confirmation code link either.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @mpothoven  - Sorry to hear that you're having a problem with this!  You may ultimately have to contact Canvas Support the next time you can login to the browser-based version by clicking Help>>Report a Problem.  First, however, since you posted this to the Canvas Community, I will tag a gentlemen whom I've never had the pleasure of meeting but who I know is:  a.) a mobile expert with Canvas with a capital "E" and b.) works at your institution!   @rseilham ‌, can you tell what may be the issue with Michelle's cell number registering?  I've not heard this problem before....but mobile is not my area of expertise!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @mpothoven  - Sorry to hear that you're having a problem with this!  You may ultimately have to contact Canvas Support the next time you can login to the browser-based version by clicking Help>>Report a Problem.  First, however, since you posted this to the Canvas Community, I will tag a gentlemen whom I've never had the pleasure of meeting but who I know is:  a.) a mobile expert with Canvas with a capital "E" and b.) works at your institution!   @rseilham ‌, can you tell what may be the issue with Michelle's cell number registering?  I've not heard this problem before....but mobile is not my area of expertise!

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mpothoven  

Could you possibly be a Cricket Wireless customer? If so, there is a problem with the programmed SMS email location in Canvas, and you will want to use sms.cricketwireless.net

Kelley

No, I am a Verizon user. Does Verizon have the same problem as cricket users?

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

As far as I know,  @mpothoven  , it does not.  You may need to submit a support ticket. Learn how at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328?sr=search&searchId=81876a69-e8ac-468d-9f19... 

Kelley

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm interested to hear if there is a solution for this. I don't have much experience with text messaging in Canvas and don't have Verizon to test. Like  @kmeeusen ‌ suggeted, you should contact your local or Canvas support to submit a ticket and find an issue. If you find an issue, please report back! 

MattHanes
Community Champion

I have had a support ticket about this in since March and haven't heard anything. Case #02940161

It's been broken for us for a long time before I put a ticket in about it. Seems to only be Verizon.

Well, that's not good  @MattHanes ‌, hopefully, there is a fix in the future with Verizon, but thanks for the update. 

miabulencia

Remember this?

This is most likely the same situation.  

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure if these are related or if Instructure was able to get a deal with Verizon if it was the case. If anyone else knows, please post. Thanks.