Why won't my cell number register?

Jump to solution
mpothoven
Community Novice

On canvas, there's a really nice way for canvas to notify you when grades are published, someone replies to a discussion board, assignments are due, etc. via text message in account settings in webcourses. However, when I try to register my cell number, the confirmation code that is suppose to be sent to my phone never comes. I've tried over and over again, but it doesn't work. I have been able to use this notification method before on the canvas dashboard (at a different college) and don't understand what's wrong. Also, it doesn't have the re-send confirmation code link either.

1 Solution

@dbartman ...

Over time, things do change in the Canvas LMS (Learning Management System).  This is the case for adding your cell phone number to your Canvas profile.  It used to be that you could get notifications via text message.  But now, SMS text messages are used mainly for multi-factor authentication.  Check out either of these Guides:

In particular, pay attention to the information in the light blue box at the top of the screen.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  I'll go ahead and mark this response as a "Solution" and remove the other responses marked as "Solutions" because technology has changed since this question had been originally asked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes