Why won't the Canvas Parent App for ios work for Clark County School District?

Jump to solution
MrsBell1012
Community Novice

Why won't the Canvas Parent App for ios work for Clark County School District? I am paired up as an observer and can see the students' courses through my personal computer. However, I see nothing in the Canvas Parent app. I decided I'd reinstall the app to ensure I had the latest update and it got worse from there. It now just displays a page that says, "You aren't enrolled in any courses as a parent. One of our other apps might be a better fit". Then it suggested the Canvas Student app or the Canvas Teacher app. I am a teacher for the district. I am doing everything correctly. This is not user error. This is an app error. Can this be fixed so that parents can actually utilize the app? It is currently useless.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @MrsBell1012 - I'm sorry you're frustrated! I wonder if the Canvas Parent app is seeing your dual roles and is getting confused. If you're using your work email to also observe your child, it may be the reason you're seeing the messages when you open the Canvas Parent app. While it's not ideal in your use-case, I can see it being helpful because the Canvas Parent app doesn't support the features that you need as a teacher.

When you open your profile settings, do you see the option for a QR code to pair with Canvas Parent?

How do I view a QR code to log in to the Canvas mobile apps as an observer? 

View solution in original post