cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llyshelton
Community Member

Will I receive a new notification of an edit that was done to an original post on the Class Discussion board?

Through canvas, if a posting is made on the Class Discussion board, will I recieve a subsequent notification of any edit that was done to the original Discussion post? and yes I did get a notification when the original post was first made

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

I don't think so,  @llyshelton ​.  First of all, if if you hover your mouse over the discussion-related items in the Notification settings area, the keyword for both appear to be "new."  (See screen capture of one of the settings below my message).  To play it safe (and to satisfy my own curiosity!) I tried this on a phony student account and while the student did indeed see a new Discussion topic created, a later edit by the instructor did not generate a notice. I also wondered if it made a difference if the student subscribed to the Discussion topic (which will not happen automatically unless the student replies to a prompt)--and even then, the answer is no. (I also tried it on a new topic which the student went in and subscribed to on their own without posting a reply at all.)  An edit to the original topic/prompt did not generate an emailed notification for this student, despite the fact that the student had both discussion settings set to ASAP. 

discussion notification settings.jpg

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@llyshelton ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie