Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_hardy
Community Member

Word Count for Student Essays

Jump to solution

Updated

Original Subject Line: Is there any way to have a word count done on my student's essays?

I currently have to copy and paste into a word processor.

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @paul_hardy ​...

This is actually a pretty popular request here in the Canvas Community, and so I'm going to point you to several other places on this website where there are various discussions going on about word counts.  (I searched for "word count" using the magnifying glass search icon at the top right corner of this website):

(In Development)

(will be open for voting starting early December)

" modifiedtitle="true" title="Providing a Word Count in Speed Grader (idea was archived in an earlier voting period because it did not get enough votes)

Re: word count in discussions?

(another idea that was archived due to a lack of necessary votes)

Hopefully, one or more of these links will be of help to you.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify the subject line of your posting as well as tag your message with keywords.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your topic should they have similar questions here in the Canvas Community.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you are asking in the body of your question, please let me know, and we can work to make any necessary changes.  I hope this is okay with you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @paul_hardy ​...

This is actually a pretty popular request here in the Canvas Community, and so I'm going to point you to several other places on this website where there are various discussions going on about word counts.  (I searched for "word count" using the magnifying glass search icon at the top right corner of this website):

(In Development)

(will be open for voting starting early December)

" modifiedtitle="true" title="Providing a Word Count in Speed Grader (idea was archived in an earlier voting period because it did not get enough votes)

Re: word count in discussions?

(another idea that was archived due to a lack of necessary votes)

Hopefully, one or more of these links will be of help to you.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify the subject line of your posting as well as tag your message with keywords.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your topic should they have similar questions here in the Canvas Community.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you are asking in the body of your question, please let me know, and we can work to make any necessary changes.  I hope this is okay with you.

View solution in original post

kristin_eoff
Community Member

I absolutely would love a Word Count feature for when I am grading students' work and I have told them they need to write a certain number of words. It seems as if this has been "in development" for at least three years.