Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlauchu

Word doc and Collaboration

I'm having difficulty understanding where I seem to be missing a crucial step on an assignment I am trying to create.   Here's a synopsis:

I have created a word doc (365 doc) that is meant to be filled in and then submitted.  

I would like to be able to assign the same doc to 5 different groups.  However, the groups will each contribute their own responses.  

I have followed the Collaboration instructions but I don't see where I can upload the word doc to the collaboration so students can then work on it in groups.  

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Juan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rdutta
Community Participant

I have the same question too.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there @jlauchu and @rdutta ...

Sorry to se that your questions have been sitting out here unanswered for such a long time.  I don't believe it is actually possible to use a document that was previously created in your O365 account within Collaborations.  Rather, I think you are creating a new document when you click on the "Start a new collaboration" button within "Collaborations".  See How do I create a Microsoft Office 365 collaborati... - Canvas Community for more information.

Even thought this might not be the answer you were looking for, I hope it has helped to answer your question...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.