ZOOM Integration in Free (Instructure) Account

Jump to solution
tim_blesse
Community Novice

ZOOM Integration Question- QUESTION: Do I have to have a pair PRO account to access the webconferencing features of CANVAS? . I work for a small non-profit institution facilitating professional development for K-12 formal educators. We only use CANVAS twice each year for two short 6 week courses for less than 30 teachers, and so we have the free (instructure) accounts. This year, because of COVID, we are having to take one of our summer courses totally on-line. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tim_blesse ...

I don't believe that you would be able to integrate the Zoom LTI Pro app inside of the Free For Teachers (FFT) version of Canvas.  However, you could still use Zoom outside of Canvas.  For customers who have a paid Canvas account and also have purchased Zoom licenses, the Zoom LTI Pro integration simply puts a "Zoom" menu within your Canvas course navigation.  It then allows you to schedule your Zoom meetings inside of Canvas without having to go out to the Zoom website.  You and your students can also access Zoom cloud recordings within the Canvas integration.  But, since you are on FFT, you can just schedule all your meetings via your Zoom account and then send out the meeting details to your students.

Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well...stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes