Zoom Recordings being sent to students through canvas inbox automatically!

Jump to solution
meghan_price-wl
Community Member

Every single zoom recording that I have made is being sent to students through canvas inbox. This is very problematic because students have stayed to talk to me privately and that information is now accessible to every student in their class in the recording. I could stop the recording if I remember to do that, but at the same time, it is important that those individual conversations are also recorded for the student's protection and mine. What settings do I change so that I can still record my entire session, but so that it does not automatically send a link to every student in my class at the end of each session? 

Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @meghan_price-wl ...

While the vast majority of Canvas Community members do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question, it will be a little difficult to diagnose this issue.  But, my assumption is that your school's local Canvas administrator or the folks who work at your school's Online Learning/eLearning department have integrated the Zoom LTI external app into your school's Canvas environment (so that you have a "Zoom" button in your Canvas course navigation menu).  Part of the administrative configuration of the Zoom LTI app is the ability for those Zoom meetings to be added to your Canvas Calendar and messages to be sent out to students in course when meetings are scheduled, editing, deleted, and when recordings are available.  This is what I'm assuming that your Online Learning department has configured for you and your colleagues.  The settings to integrate Zoom in the Canvas Calendar and the Canvas Inbox are configured at an administrative level and cannot be turned on/off by individual users such as per instructor or per student.  This is a conversation that I think you'll need to have with colleagues at your school ... so that you all can come up with a solution that will work best for your needs for all involved...as these are global settings that apply to everyone at your school and not just you.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post