cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctormoneyman
Community Member

Zoom - user error (1,001)

Jump to solution

I'm a first time Canvas instructor this semester and in getting things set up with Zoom, I got it authenticated and set up but at some point deleted it as well (I'm assuming), because it's no longer in the "approved integrations" in my profile settings (and it had been on day one). Now when I click on the Zoom tab it says "Sorry -- user not exist (1,001)" ... I've tried everything. Zoom works fine. It's the integration to Canvas that isn't working. Would love other suggestions. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @doctormoneyman  Thank You for posting your question.  We also have the Zoom LTI integrated with our Canvas environment.  When I log into my own Sandbox course in Canvas and then go to the "Zoom" button, I also see the User not exist. (1,001) error.  I think what you'll need to do (at least this works for me) is to open up another browser tab and navigate to http://zoom.us.  Sign in to your account there, and then refresh your "Zoom" screen inside of your Canvas course.  You should now see the Zoom interface that allows you to start scheduling your Zoom online meetings.  Again, this is what works for me because I have a Zoom admin account, but YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).  I hope this helps, Mark.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @doctormoneyman  Thank You for posting your question.  We also have the Zoom LTI integrated with our Canvas environment.  When I log into my own Sandbox course in Canvas and then go to the "Zoom" button, I also see the User not exist. (1,001) error.  I think what you'll need to do (at least this works for me) is to open up another browser tab and navigate to http://zoom.us.  Sign in to your account there, and then refresh your "Zoom" screen inside of your Canvas course.  You should now see the Zoom interface that allows you to start scheduling your Zoom online meetings.  Again, this is what works for me because I have a Zoom admin account, but YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).  I hope this helps, Mark.

View solution in original post