cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
campbell_oxland
Community Participant

add a jpg image (made using snipping tool) into an essay question response

Jump to solution

I would like students to be able to add a jpg image (made using snipping tool) into an essay question response. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @campbell_oxland ‌...

Yes, this should be possible.  When students use the Snipping Tool, they will want to save the image to their computer (typically as a JPG or PNG, or GIF image).  The next step would be that the student needs to go to their "Account" >> "Files" area and then upload the image file to their personal files area of Canvas.  (See How do I upload a file to my user or group files?)  Then, when completing the essay question in your quiz, it will look something like this for students:

Embed Image in a Essay Question

When students click on this icon, they will be able to choose their image that they uploaded to their own personal "Files" area of Canvas.

I hope this helps, Campbell.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @campbell_oxland ‌...

Yes, this should be possible.  When students use the Snipping Tool, they will want to save the image to their computer (typically as a JPG or PNG, or GIF image).  The next step would be that the student needs to go to their "Account" >> "Files" area and then upload the image file to their personal files area of Canvas.  (See How do I upload a file to my user or group files?)  Then, when completing the essay question in your quiz, it will look something like this for students:

Embed Image in a Essay Question

When students click on this icon, they will be able to choose their image that they uploaded to their own personal "Files" area of Canvas.

I hope this helps, Campbell.

View solution in original post

campbell_oxland
Community Participant

?Thanks Chris - very helpful and correct. Appreciate it!

Campbell

Campbell Oxland

Teacher | Southern Cross School of Distance Education

Ballina Campus T 02 6618 7640

Corner of Martin and Crane Streets, Ballina, NSW, 2478

campbell.oxland@det.nsw.edu.au<mailto:campbell.oxland@det.nsw.edu.au>

NSW Government | Department of Education | Public Schools NSW

"I acknowledge the Bundjalung people, the traditional custodians of the land on which we learn and work together and commit to building relationships, respect and opportunities for all Aboriginal people in our community."

campbell_oxland
Community Participant

Thanks so much that really helped!

Campbell

Campbell Oxland

Teacher | Southern Cross School of Distance Education

Ballina Campus T 02 6618 7640

Corner of Martin and Crane Streets, Ballina, NSW, 2478

campbell.oxland@det.nsw.edu.au

NSW Government | Department of Education | Public Schools NSW

"I acknowledge the Bundjalung people, the traditional custodians of the land on which we learn and work together and commit to building relationships, respect and opportunities for all Aboriginal people in our community."