Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a way to assign the same grade to all students quickly without entering individually?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A student is having access issues with Canvas. He is able to log in, but then access to content (announcements, assignments, discussions, etc.) is forbidden.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a class list, in either xls or csv format to Canvas so that my students can see their course icon and get into the appropriate information they need?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm an admin and I need to make some changes to the teachers who are teaching various courses.  I know that I can ADD a user from outside of the course by clicking on the "+" sign, but what is the fastest way to remove a teacher?  Must I go into ...

• 2 Likes
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

why will my dashboard show up on my MacBook Pro and not my iMac?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I send an email in canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up the classes I am taking in Canvas?When I login to Canvas I don't see my classes. What should I do to set it up?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I fix this and what do I need to do to get my classes back on my dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think there might be a bug with Canvas. I have activated my attendance menu several times on my navigation screen on my web-based Canvas, but when I open the app to take attendance, attendance doesn't show up on the app. I've tried it multiple time...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to figure out how I can incorporate questions that have answers with subscripts or superscripts in my tests.  I can use multiple choice but sometimes I need for these to be fill in the blank.  This choice does not allow my students the op...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi All,  Does anyone know if there is a way to allow faculty to have different notification preferences for different courses?  I don't think there is a way but wanted to ask the community. Thank you in advance.Sara Udelhofen

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are receiving this when they are trying to access a Quiz: "This assignment is part of an unpublished module and it not available yet."I have published module and quiz. 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Won't show any assessments or calender...help? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So when I log in on my app on my phone I can access all my files and discussions and what not. Yet when I log in on my computer nothing shows up except for my syllabus. I tried refeshing my browser and clearing my history yet still nothing shows up u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log into Canvas and go to my dashboard. All of my classes show blank and read "empty card" when I try and click on them. I have been able to get into them for the first two weeks and work but since this weekend have not been able to. Does anyo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I click on my files tabs to pull up power points, or assignment tabs to pull up assignments through canvas it goes straight to a white screen and nothing pops up. But when I pull it up on my phone it works?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I have students sign up for specific conference times? Conferences is grayed out and not accessible in my course.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many of my students are encountering this problem when they want to open drafts assigned to them for peer review: instead of seeing the paper they were sent already open and with the Speedgrader tools all lined up at the top, they are seeing a link t...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The category "Files" is missing from my students' view of Canvas for my class. How do I add some categories on the left side of the page that are not visible now? Like "Files"?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to reset a quiz for a student who mistakenly entered the quiz and did not do it

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can't get the quiz to start, what good be the problem?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have two students in my class with exactly the same first and last name. Is there a way to distinguish the students in either the Gradebook or, especially, SpeedGrader. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep receiving the error message "Grading Category missing for assignment" when I try to sync to PowerSchool. I have recreated all of my grading categories in Canvas and made sure they match those in PowerTeacher Pro exactly. It seems like I had th...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have students who need extra time for quizzes and I have set these individually for each student for each quiz. Is there a more efficient method of providing extra time for all the quizzes in a course for a student rather than adjusting each separa...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am attempting to upload PPTs into a module but get error messages frequently. The files are not large but it says "Failure to Create New Item" when I attempt to attach/add the PPT.  This doesn't happen with all but some PPTs.  Thanks in advance!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view letters in Canvas? They are showing up blank.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I group students into teams where if one student grade changes the rest also changes?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My professor said this information is on the home page and in the first lecture, but I cannot locate anywhere. Can anyone help?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hur hittar studenterna Office 365 via Canvas?Det här meddelandet har översatts med Google Translate.Message: How do students find Office 365 via Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies