Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have missed grading some discussion assignments when a student resubmits because the resubmitted assignment is not showing up on my to do list. Is there a way to be notified in the to do list when this happens?I know that I can subscribe to the dis...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Add a feature that allows editing of comments submitted in SpeedGrader!!  I can't find a way to edit comments previously made.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add a Test Student to my grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a quiz that is supposed to be worth 50 points but after the students took it I realized it accidentally set to be worth 0 points. I cannot figure out on my own if there is a way to change it now. Is there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I remove recent announcements from my front page and how do I alter settings to ensure the announcements only come through under the announcements tab and not the home page? Thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have posted the grades for an exam 1 to the grade book. How do I view exam 1 grade statistics for the class (average, distribution, etc.)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there any way to upload an assignment that's already been locked. My Professor gave me 24 hrs to do so.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi BrainsTrust,I know it's possible to migrate from Blackboard to Canvas, is it possible to do the reverse? Don't fret Canvas-folk, we're not leaving the platform but I'd rather have my teaching material exported into BB rather than have to set it up...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When I Reply to an Inbox message, does the Reply appear in the Sent items?It seems that it doesn't.  I just replied to a student's message through InBox, but I do not see any record of that reply in the Sent items.Is this intended behavior?If so, is ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My school is still shifting students around, and so some are getting transferred to different class periods, which are different sections this year for me for my Canvas. Unfortunately, none of their assignments are transferring with them. Do my kids ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2018 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Today, an instructor is grading his assignment submissions in Speedgrader. When he submits a comment this error occurs: "An error occurred updating this assignment"So, you'll notice that you cannot see the comment anymore. In order for the instructor...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I am trying to create quizzes for my math students to take.  I love that I am able to insert equations into the question box, but I have not been able to use this same feature when it comes to answers. Any suggestions or is this not a possibility?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, i am having problems using the lockdown browser for my exam on canvas. I have downloaded it and set it up, But every time i try to start my exam it says i need a lockdown browser. I watched many videos and it says i should enter the exam throu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone! I am brand new to Canvas, and loving it! I have a problem, however:In the school I work at, we have rolling admissions. Every ~1 month we will have 6 new students start a new classes. Each student will go through the exact same materi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I reset or clear an assignment a student has submitted? For example, the student uploaded the wrong file. How do clear it so she can submit again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello!I know you can upload grades via the CSV and import option, but is there a way to import comments from a CSV file for an assignment?Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I have a student that requires different quiz allotted time than the rest of the class due to disability. How do I create a duplicate of the quiz? That way I can assign the quiz with more allotted time only to that student... Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-12-2021 View Solution
  • 11 Likes
  • 54 Replies

Wondering if there is a way to connect ExamN / eMedley to Canvas?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know who to remove courses from the Calendar? Or hide them? We have a number of test courses that we would like to not see in the Calendar. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 Replies

When you are posting a discussion question is there a spell check link? In the old portal we had there was. If so where do I find it?Thank yu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! We need our Heads of Schools to have ACT AS USER access. However, we can only give them access to sub-accounts since we do not want them to have full access to our Board Room course. We created sub-accounts and placed them as admin in those. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Buen diaEl foro 3.1 no me permite someter tarea del foro.Traducido del Traductor de GoogleSubject: ForumBody: good dayForum 3.1 does not allow me to submit the forum's task.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I want to know if it is possible to get Canvas to automatically mark an assignment as "missing" after the due date and/or last available date for the assignment has passed. This seems to happen for assignments where, for example, the student h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 14 Replies

To whom it may concern,I am trying to grade an assignment in Canvas but the SpeedGrade screen is stuck on the Loading Screen. How do I get SpeedgGrader to work?Sincerely,Josiah Rippetoe

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I ensure the Modules can be viewed by students? In my course the Modules section is greyed out. In student view Modules is not visible. Modules are loaded into the student view in the Navigation section and all items in the Modules are publis...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2021 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We are looking for means in situations where we have to process large batch enrollments by means of SIS while retaining the teachers ability to delete the users from their courses should they wish.  The use case is very large courses that are either ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Some of our teachers are getting this message when using Speed Grader and some students are receiving it when submitting assignments.  "Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please contact your institution's Canvas Admin." When I look at the app conf...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All,Canvas currently does not support restricted TA access such as only homework or quizzes. They give full access to assignment group for anyone who has a TA role in your course. Due to confidentially rule, I do not want my undergraduate TAs to a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Imported a course from Moodle. Basically there are a lot of files that I need to move to different modules. Is there a way to select multiple files for movement at once? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am having trouble syncing my grades from Canvas to Powerteacher Pro (first year using PTP, had no issues with regular PS). When I go to sync a grade, I'm getting this error: "Grading Category missing for assignment." However, the assignment has the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies