Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi all,We use the Kaltura integration with Canvas on my campus, and it seems like the only way to share content from My Media with students is to embed the videos into a page and then add the page to a module. It would be much more efficient to just ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I marked for the first time using the SpeedGrader and I was wondering whether there is a way to download the "Assignment comments" box which is in the sidebar, together with a student's submission, as it is possible in Turnitin. Alternatively, is the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2021 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there a way to automatically give full points to all students who submit an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to assign a quiz to students to take that is for class preparation, but I would like the score to be based on completion. As far as I can tell:Graded Quizzes report the score earned on the quizGraded Surveys award fixed points for comple...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

This is happening in the new and old version of the gradebook in the individual student gradebooks.  it is calculating a final grade, but it no longer shows the calculation for formative and summative. This was working fine before our winter break (D...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to upload a file to Turnitin as a Tutor. The current stage of my students' essay assignment is on a preliminary stage, and I don't want them to extend their concerns with Turnitin just yet. Nevertheless, I would like to analyse some of t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Grades/Assignments:  I have unweighted my assignment groups, and have configured the grade total to show as points rather than percent.  I would like to have each Assignment Group view the same way: points rather than percentage.  I would also like t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am a student and my canvas instructure pages won't load the content of any of my classes. I click on every assignment, pages, courses, dashboard, and nothing comes up. No one else seems to be having this problem. It's got nothing to do with the wif...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I am trying to set up the Roll Call Attendance feature in my course. I do not have students loaded yet (new course development) so I am not able to get the Roll Call assignment to populate.My question is: Is it possible to assign a rubric to the roll...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a bit frustrated with adding LTI-tools that always have default course navigation = true. I don't have any possibility to manually switch this to false?My wish is that we can turn it on course by course, but authenticated on the institution level...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2017 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have created groups for a class project. Is there a way to export the groups and the members in the form of and Excel spreadsheet? ThanksAnne-Gi

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-18-2021 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am planning to take an online class while being out of the U.S. Does anyone know if Canvas works in other countries?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2017 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to reuse quiz questions for a final exam. When I click on "find questions", it shows a little box with the first few words of quiz questions, listed by question number, for the entire course, so,14 questions number one, 14 questions number...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Using a Quiz in Canvas, can students who previously submitted (especially essay questions) "unsubmit" and continue working on the questions?  I have allowed them to see their previous answers, but I would like them to be able to continue working, or ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2022 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have successfully created a new quiz/assignment using the beta LTI but can't seem to view any reports regarding said assessment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 Replies

my dashboard keeps flickering and I cant submit any of my homework assignments, is there an update or something I can do to fix my problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

On the syllabus page, in addition to my link to the course syllabus, is a Course Summary.  Is it possible to hide this information?   I am using Canvas for a on-site class.  Most of the items in my grades are Exams, Tests, and other hard copy assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2021 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 Replies

If a student has completed an assigned peer review, but then wants to go back and add to it, or change it, is there an option for them to do that? If not, how - as a teacher - would I enable them to redo the peer review as if the first peer review ne...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I know you can download all submissions of other types of assignments in a .zip file, but this feature seems disabled when the submission type is from an external tool.  When looking at a Google Doc Cloud assignment, there is no button to download su...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

No issue before--the toolbar that allows me to make in-text/inline comments on student assignments will not appear for ANY student for a particular assignment.Settings, browser (Chrome), and everything else exactly the same . . . will appear on previ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In Speedgrader > View Rubric you have the option to "Save this comment for reuse" under the Ratings column.I've done this a few times.Now I'd like to remove some comments or edit them.How do I at least delete, if not edit, these items in the drop-dow...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 18 Likes
  • 25 Replies

There are still a lot of courses from last semester on my dashboard. I am no longer in these classes, and they are distracting and clutter up the dashboard. How do I remove these courses from my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2022 View Solution
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there a way to download video files that have been embedded on a page? I know that it's possible to put them on another page by copy/pasting the HTML, but is there a way to actually get the .mp4, .mov, etc. files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2017 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I believe some of you have successfully implemented a Canvas integration with Salesforce. Could you please share some Ideas that you think would best help us achieve this integration in a much convenient way? What are the challenges you encountered? ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have created an assignment with Turnitin on Canvas and have a couple students, who weren't able to upload their documents. They have emailed me their papers and I am not trying to figure out how I can upload it so it can join the other submissions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a class that has recurring assignments. For example, each week they have to turn in a summary of an article they've read in a publication.Is there a way to create this as a recurring assignment? Create one assignment and have it repeat each we...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2018 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a question about embedding a pdf into a page. I understand how to add a file link, and have that link auto-preview in the page, but my question goes beyond this functionality. When I select 'auto--open', the iframe on the page is limited to a ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 19 Replies

A student submitted a paper to the wrong assignment.  Is there a way to delete the incorrect submission?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2021 View Solution
  • 10 Likes
  • 21 Replies

HelloWe are currently in the implementation phase. As a private international college of about 500 students and 80 staff, timetables and students are changing constantly throughout the year so CSV uploads isn't a practical solution for us. Groupcall ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to change the name that people see when I am discussions and other things through canvas. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2017 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies