Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to have the Redirect Tool auto open a link in a new tab instead of opening a page withing Canvas prompting a user to open the link in a new tab?ThanksBrad

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 12 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello to all,          We have an integration between a system A and Canvas and we're obtaining the necessary information through Canvas APIs.          This question is because we're having some troubles with enrollments start and end dates (start_at...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2016 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

We have a homepage that runs our "homegrown SIS."  We prefer the option to have our SSO go directly to the course dashboard instead of the main dashboard.  Can this be done?  Our coding company has been trying to work around this, but it does not see...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Our teachers are using the iOS app to grade assignments. Those that have been using the app for a few months are now receiving an error message on their iPad stating storage is nearly full.When we check settings - storage and usage - Speed Grader is ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2016 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I forgot to add a single file when submitting some work into a submission box, and now that I realized it I am not sure whether or not the file will take the place of the other files I already submitted into the same dropbox. I don't have access to t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2016 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It would be awesome if tests made in quizlet could be uploaded to canvas quizzes. On quizlet you click a button and it automatically creates a test of your material. I would love to have that functionality on canvas. As far as I can tell quizlet can'...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2016 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to set availability for individual pages or is it better to simply create an ungraded assignment?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2016 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Original Subject Line: Inbox sometimes shows Sent messages, sometimes doesn'tSubject line says it all.Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2016 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to moderate all quizzes for a given student at once?  I have multiple students with accommodations requiring extra time on quizzes.  I know I can go into each quiz individually and moderate that quiz for each student, but I would like ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2021 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

just deleted a student's comment on Discussion accidentally...is there any way to restore the comments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2017 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When trying to embed content from Instagram, the content is 'grayed out.'Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2016 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Rather than giving students a link, it would be nice to display the PPT so they can click through notes while watching a video on the page.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2016 View Solution
  • 14 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When using the search field in Files, it doesn't seem that the file location or path is viewable. Am I missing something or does this feature not exist?We use Canvas as an internal website / file sharing platform rather than as a class, so we have a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2016 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,We are piloting Canvas with some instructors. The #1 feedback for improvement of the discussion board. Currently we have it set up that a topic is created and people can only reply directly to the topic. It is just a long list of comments. It i...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I had an instructor report that several of her students miss the feature where the timer stays at the top of the page as they scroll through the exam.  Is this something that went away with the new UI or is there a particular setting that needs to be...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2022 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello All, Our school currently operates in Mountain Time Zone.  We want our courses to be standardized in that Time Zone so that when we open/close courses, assignments, and final grades, everyone is on the same page and working on the same clock.  ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2016 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

So the settings are checked: let students see their quiz responses and let students see the correct answers/show correct answers at. The problem is despite this being checked, whenever the quiz closes, the students can no longer view their responses....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Heylo-So, anybody know a way to update the HTML of a Wiki Page via the API?     We created thousands of Practice Courses for our instructors when we switched to Canvas last year.    In one of the Wiki Pages, there is an iframe that has a google drive...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2016 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to create a multi-part question with numerical answers. I do not see any instructions in the instructor guide about these types of questions. Here is an example. Question 1Price per unit = $10; Cost per unit = $8; Number of units = 100.a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2016 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is this possible?I want to have 10 URL for students to review, put on one page...how can I tell if they accessed the links?thanks

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-09-2016 View Solution
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Could not locate a similar question in this forum related to my following Discussion Question:I have an instructor who posed the following question:"As I develop my Canvas course, I would like to have a way to add documentation that is primarily for ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2016 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

OnCourse allowed the keeping of the highest grades in a category.  Canvas opted rather to ignore the lowest grades in a category.  At the end of the semester, the two are one in the same.  However, they are not the same through out the semester.  For...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-17-2016 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I made an Assignment for 45 students. 2 of them had good excuses for not submitting. I edited the original Assignment to open it for just those 2 students for a few more days. Now I can't get to 41 submissions from the other students who submitted on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-06-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Anyone found a way of showing keynote presentations on canvas?  I thought I might have a solution using Keynote's export to HTML function, but I guess one then needs somewhere (else) to host the webpages created by that.  But I thought I'd ask if any...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I've copied a rubric into a newly created course, and now I'd like to assign the rubric to a total of 9 discussions across 3 modules (3 discussions per module).  I successfully added the rubric to the discussions, but after attaching them, I'm unable...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2016 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to separate the criteria for a particularly involved project into categories (being able to do some sub-categories would be even better), as in the table below.  Is this possible in Canvas rubrics?  (I suppose I could use a criterion as a cate...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2016 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I created and published my home page in a course, but it does not have the "Next" button at the bottom of the page. How do I get one to show up so students can just click next to begin the first module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2016 View Solution
  • 9 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I'm trying to communicate with my students in groups by sending messages to the groups.  But apparently they are not all seeing the messages.  They do see announcements I think, or at least they are looking for announcements. I'm experimenting with o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I probably just missed it but, I cannot find anywhere in the API documentation for showing Grade comments or rubric instructor comments. Is it even possible?I am attempting to make a report card using the API and google docs. Right now they are selec...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2016 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 17 Replies

Is there a way to move a rubric from a course to the account-level?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-11-2016 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies