cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmanningsq41
Community Member

can't listen to my assignments through my iPhone

I have the canvas app on my phone and I try to listen to my assignments through my phone. When I try to listen through my car the music on my phone comes through. I can't seem to shut off the music. When I try to listen through my phone not in my car when the screen shuts down the podcast shuts off. I'm at a total loss as to what to do. This was supposed to make my life easier not harder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Greg

Tags (2)
4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @gmanningsq41  , and  @gmanningsq41  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I suspect that this has absolutely nothing to do with either Canvas or the Canvas App. Canvas does not include a native text-to-voice function, so that is either an add-on app your school has integrated, or something you have set up from your end. I am going to ping our local Mobile Expert  @rseilham ‌, to see if he can help.

As for your phone streaming music when you are in your car, it is most likely that you have synced your phone to your cars blue tooth/wireless and need to figure out how to configure that connection so that you can eliminate that source (car audio system) when you need to.

Kelley

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gmanningsq41 ‌ - Can you send over a screenshot or video of what you are seeing in Canvas when you play the audio? I want to see the source, if possible. Thanks!

Thank you for following up,  @rseilham ‌!

You rock!

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @gmanningsq41 ‌, 

Just checking in to see if you were able to figure out your issue? If not, can you please share a screenshot or video of the issue? Thanks!