cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imiller
Community Member

cannot open student files

Jump to solution

there is a problem on my account, When I want to open a document attached for one assignment it says:

"JWT rejected: user authentication failed" this has never happened to me before.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @imiller  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  This one might be a bit hard to diagnose here in the Community simply because the vast majority of Community members do not have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment.  I would recommend that you reach out to Canvas support and file a ticket with them so that they can look at this further with you.

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

33 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @imiller  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  This one might be a bit hard to diagnose here in the Community simply because the vast majority of Community members do not have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment.  I would recommend that you reach out to Canvas support and file a ticket with them so that they can look at this further with you.

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

dorenecom
Community Member

I'm having the same error message when trying to download students' assignments and I'm not from the same school as the original person who asked. It started last night. I'm sending a message to my school but wanted you to know that it was a problem from someone else at a different school.

Hello there, dorenecom...

I would recommend that you contact technical support at Instructure using one of the links that I had provided to  @imiller  so that they might be able to log into your course and see exactly what is going on.  It may be something that Canvas engineers need to address, but since Community members don't have access to your school's Canvas environment, it's hard to tell.  I hope this helps, Dorene.

rebecca_asker
Community Participant

Hi Doris and Isabelle! 

Have you gotten any help with this issue? Some of our teachers have the same problem at our school. The strange thing is that when they log in to Canvas using other computers they are able to download the files. Until we know what is going on, this might be helpful to know.  

dheup
Community Participant

That's funny that there are three different people from three different schools having the same problem in the last few days. 

As a workaround, try using a different browser until you hear back from Canvas support. They are awesome people, but it does take a little time for them to answer.  

My guess is that clearing the cache might work, but I haven't tested it to make sure. 

Steve_Watts
Community Champion

I know that at least two of our users have had this error message recently when trying to download file attachments, but I've not been able to reproduce the problem myself. It seems to have started within the past week so I imagine there was a small update from Instructure that unexpectedly caused this to happen. Our users have got individual support tickets open with Instructure about it. I'll keep you updated if I see a response to those tickets although I expect the first thing Instructure say will be the usual advice - try a different browser and clear your cache/cookies.

dorenecom
Community Member

UPDATE: Clearing my cache solved the problem. Hope that helps everyone else. I'm a Computer Science teacher. I'm ashamed that I didn't think to do that first! Smiley Wink

rhendricks1
Community Member

SOLVED: After several trials, I found the following to solve my issue. My problem was ONLY occurring when using the Chrome Browser, as I verified that it worked fine using Internet Explorer and Firefox.  In addition to the issue of not being able to download student files, I also noticed that images on my homepage were not displaying, but instead showing the "image broken link".

I first attempted to clear cache on the Chrome browser, as was suggested above, but that did not work for me. 

I then cleared the cookies, and that seemed to resolve the issue.

From Google Chrome, you click on the three dots in the upper right corner and choose "more tools", then select "clear browsing data". A box will appear and choose "cookies and other site data".

Image attached.

rheyob
Community Member

Ditto on this appearing recently.  I've seen it this week in our high school Canvas and university Canvas.