cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlieber
Community Member

checking past submissions

Jump to solution

Is there a way to view our past submissions in canvas? I submitted one of my assignment and realized it was missing a part of it so i re-submitted just that part. turns out, that overrides the past submission. so i had to resubmit the whole thing but it was past the deadline. is there a way for myself or my teacher to check the past submissions to prove that i turned in the assignment on time and my effort to correct it caused it to be late because it all needed to be in one submission? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mlieber  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  Yes, your instructor will be able to see all of the submissions you made as well as when those where submitted.  Canvas does not override submissions, so if you submitted your assignment three times, your instructor would be able to see the two original submissions you made as well as the final that had all of the parts combined.  You will only see your most recent submission if you go to the assignment again, however.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mlieber , your teacher has access to all submissions, if that helps. As for students, from the web interface you only have access to the current most recent submission. Yet, I’ve been told that from the mobile Canvas app you do have access to previous submissions. If you have the app give it a try. If not, the app is free and you could download and check this if you have a smart phone. 

Hope this helps!

Kona

4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mlieber  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  Yes, your instructor will be able to see all of the submissions you made as well as when those where submitted.  Canvas does not override submissions, so if you submitted your assignment three times, your instructor would be able to see the two original submissions you made as well as the final that had all of the parts combined.  You will only see your most recent submission if you go to the assignment again, however.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mlieber , your teacher has access to all submissions, if that helps. As for students, from the web interface you only have access to the current most recent submission. Yet, I’ve been told that from the mobile Canvas app you do have access to previous submissions. If you have the app give it a try. If not, the app is free and you could download and check this if you have a smart phone. 

Hope this helps!

Kona

Is there any way for us to see all the different files we submitted?

Hello there, @VanderGeorgeff ...

In your personal "Files" area of Canvas, you should have a "Submissions" folder where most (if not all) of your files you've submitted for your classes are stored.  As you can see from this Guide, How do I view my user files as a student? - Canvas Community, within your personal user files, you should have a "My Files" folder, and within there should be a "Submissions" folder.  You can then open up a folder that is the same name as a course you are enrolled in, and the files you've submitted for that course should be listed there.  It may not separate them out by assignment name, but hopefully this will be enough of a view for you to see what files you've submitted for a given course.

Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.