Community Member

why aren't my classes that I'm currently enrolled in available

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @karenparker2ble  ...

There are a number of factors to take into consideration here.  I'm not exactly sure what your school policies are for making classes available to you, but here are some general ideas:

• Have you checked your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen in Canvas to see if they are listed there?  If they are not, you might want to get in touch with someone from the Registration department or the Online Learning department at your school to figure out why you don't see them listed yet.
  • If you do see your courses listed in the "All Courses" screen, they might be under the "Future Enrollments" screen.  However, the status of the course might not be "Published" just yet.  It's normally up to instructors to "Publish" the course so that you and your classmates can access the content.
  • Even if the course is "Published", the instructor may still not let you access the content by means of start/end dates of the course.  These are basically restrictions that the instructor can set on the course.  Many times, an instructor will set the course start/end dates of the course the same as the official start and end dates given in your school's SIS (Student Information System).  But, there are times where an instructor may open a course early to allow students to access the course content.  Again, I am not sure what kinds of rules your school and/or instructor has in place, but this would be a question for them.

I hope this information has been helpful to you, Karen!  Good luck to you as you start the new semester!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @karenparker2ble  ...

There are a number of factors to take into consideration here.  I'm not exactly sure what your school policies are for making classes available to you, but here are some general ideas:

• Have you checked your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen in Canvas to see if they are listed there?  If they are not, you might want to get in touch with someone from the Registration department or the Online Learning department at your school to figure out why you don't see them listed yet.
  • If you do see your courses listed in the "All Courses" screen, they might be under the "Future Enrollments" screen.  However, the status of the course might not be "Published" just yet.  It's normally up to instructors to "Publish" the course so that you and your classmates can access the content.
  • Even if the course is "Published", the instructor may still not let you access the content by means of start/end dates of the course.  These are basically restrictions that the instructor can set on the course.  Many times, an instructor will set the course start/end dates of the course the same as the official start and end dates given in your school's SIS (Student Information System).  But, there are times where an instructor may open a course early to allow students to access the course content.  Again, I am not sure what kinds of rules your school and/or instructor has in place, but this would be a question for them.

I hope this information has been helpful to you, Karen!  Good luck to you as you start the new semester!

View solution in original post