cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatcher_bohrma
Community Participant

collaboration copy

Jump to solution

Hi - It seems that collaborations don't copy to another course. Is there a workaround or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@thatcher_bohrma , you're not doing anything wrong, and there's no workaround. Collaborations are specific to the students enrolled in a particular course who've been invited as collaborators to that particular artifact, so they don't--can't--copy over to another course. You can't actually create a blank collaboration, because adding collaborators is part of the process of creating it. Please refer to How do I create a Google Docs Collaboration?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@thatcher_bohrma , you're not doing anything wrong, and there's no workaround. Collaborations are specific to the students enrolled in a particular course who've been invited as collaborators to that particular artifact, so they don't--can't--copy over to another course. You can't actually create a blank collaboration, because adding collaborators is part of the process of creating it. Please refer to How do I create a Google Docs Collaboration?

Thank you, Stefanie!

Yet, if you created the collaboration ten remember that it will still reside in your Google Drive. This means you could still provide the link to the collaboration in your new class (just get the shate link from the google doc).