course picture

Jump to solution
sondraf
Community Novice

How do I remove the color overlay from a course on the dashboard so I can add a picture?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
langlangcat
Community Contributor

This question can be asked better by splitting it into two parts, 1, how do you remove color overlay, and then 2. how do you add a picture? since removing the color overlay won't enable you to add picture. 

1. to remove the overlay, click on the three Kabab dots located at the top right in your dashboard page, uncheck color overlay.

2. to add or change picture, go into the course, settings, image, kabab menu, choose image.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@Suzanneking ...

The color overlay on course cards displayed on your Canvas Dashboard can be removed by following the steps listed in the following Guide:

Look at the section called "Change Dashboard View" and look for the option for "Color Overlay".

Also, @sondraf ... only instructors are able to change the image/picture on course cards displayed on the Dashboard.  This is not a feature that students are able to change on their own.  Students can, however, change the color of the overlay if they want that displayed on a course card.

I hope this helps to clarify things for everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes