discussion deadlines not shown in calendar

Jump to solution
faizanali
Community Novice

I have created assignments, quizzes and discussions for students. Students can see assignments and quizzes in their calendars but not the discussions. Why is that? All the discussions have due dates set for them,

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @faizanali ‌...

I tested this out in my own sandbox course and created a graded discussion that had a due date of Friday, July 14 at 6 p.m. with availability dates of July 9 at 8 a.m. to July 15 at 12:30 p.m.  As you can see from my Calendar view, the discussion topic due date did appear on my Calendar:

Discussion - Due Date

To confirm, are you sure that your discussion topic is set to "Graded"?  If "Graded" is not checked and you still use the availability dates that I've used above, then the topic would not show up on your Calendar with a due date.  If, however, you do have the "Graded" option selected with a due date specified and it is not showing up for you, it might be best to contact the Help Desk staff by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left side of your Canvas screen.

One other thing I just thought of...in your "Calendar", on the right side of the screen where it lists all your courses that you are currently enrolled in...make sure that the colored square next to your course (where you've set a due date for the discussion) is a solid colored, filled-in square...not a colored outline.  This ensures that any dates for the course in question will display on your Calendar.

I hope this helps, Faizan.  Looking forward to hearing from you!

View solution in original post

For me, these solutions did not work.  You actually have to select the due date in the discussion or assignment.  Not just the UNTIL  selection.  

It's the DUE date that triggers the calendar function.  Hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

0 Likes