Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrown10

docs.google refused to connect - Has anyone had this issue?

Jump to solution

Hi All,
Im hoping someone else has had this issue before and can lend a hand. I sent a case through to canvas support but was advised it wasnt a canvas problem - rather a google problem.

I've set up a handful of assessments in a test course to trial using Google Form as our response/quiz platform however once set up, when logging in as a student to access the assessment, the following Error appears: docs.google.com refused to connect.    

This is happening for all assessments I've created. Is this a permissions issue form the google form end? 

Cheers

Joel

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Joel,

When you say you are logging in as a student, do you mean you are using the student preview or are you using an actual student account.  If so, does that student have their Google integration set up correctly?

Also, If you wouldn't mind, would you DM me your support case number?

Thanks,

SD

View solution in original post

Hi Scott,
I am using a test student that I enrolled who has a gmail account. It is not the same domain account as my work account, however (one is @lma.biz, the other is a personal gmail account). Is there something I would have done wrong on the student end that would be leading to this error?

Ill dm you my support case now.

Cheers for your help

Thank you, Joel.  You should be OK using Google accounts from multiple domains.  With your test student, did you go into its profile and set up the Google account permissions?

joseph_spada

If you select "Load in a New Tab" (in edit item details) it usually works.

343411_pastedImage_1.png

Unfortunately, it's more cumbersome as students have to click 2 links to view:

-- the first click opens the usual display page in Canvas (but without showing any document), as seen in the image below.

-- then a second click to view the G-document in a new browser tab.

343415_pastedImage_1.png

8 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Joel,

When you say you are logging in as a student, do you mean you are using the student preview or are you using an actual student account.  If so, does that student have their Google integration set up correctly?

Also, If you wouldn't mind, would you DM me your support case number?

Thanks,

SD

Hi Scott,
I am using a test student that I enrolled who has a gmail account. It is not the same domain account as my work account, however (one is @lma.biz, the other is a personal gmail account). Is there something I would have done wrong on the student end that would be leading to this error?

Ill dm you my support case now.

Cheers for your help

Thank you, Joel.  You should be OK using Google accounts from multiple domains.  With your test student, did you go into its profile and set up the Google account permissions?

Originally I only authorised the lti when clicking take assessment however I've just tested it again and have authorised google drive under the registered services section of the user settings before accessing the assessment again. The same error came up unfortunately. That is what you are referring to with setting up google account permissions?

That was what I was suggesting, yes.  Sorry to hear that it didn't work.  I just shared your question into the Canvas Developers work group.  Hopefully someone more knowledgable about LTIs than I am will have an idea.

jbrown10

Hi Scott
I found out what the issue is. The LTI does not include support for Google Forms which is what i was building my assessments in. 

Unfortunately, this means I'll need to scrap the idea of using gsuite for our assessments.

Thanks for looking into this for me

Cheers

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jbrown10 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

joseph_spada

If you select "Load in a New Tab" (in edit item details) it usually works.

343411_pastedImage_1.png

Unfortunately, it's more cumbersome as students have to click 2 links to view:

-- the first click opens the usual display page in Canvas (but without showing any document), as seen in the image below.

-- then a second click to view the G-document in a new browser tab.

343415_pastedImage_1.png