cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan2021
Community Member

e-mail has orange exclamation point in settings and I can't get emails

Needing to get my school e-mails from Canvas.

Under Account,  then Settings, my school e-mail has an orange exclamation point next to it with the error message:  Canvas was unable to send e-mail to this address. Please ensure the address is correct to continue receiving e-mail from Canvas.

The e-mail is correct and was assigned to me by my school, however I can't get e-mails. The e-mail associated with my profile is the e-mail not receiving messages.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @ryan2021 ...

I would recommend that you reach out to your school's IT department, your school's local Canvas administrator, or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to help address this issue.  Are you able to receive e-mail messages (not Canvas related) from other people to this e-mail address?  If so, it would seem to me this is not related to the e-mail account itself, but there is something in Canvas that is not identifying that your e-mail address is valid.  I also found these two Guides that have a brief description about that orange "!"...

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.