Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkrouse

ePortfolios (or other Canvas tools) for Group Critiques

I'm a Graphic Design Instructor. In the past we have always conducted our Group Critiques in person. (18 students hang up their projects and we all gather 'round and discuss/give advice, etc.)
I'm considering using ePortfolios to do this, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this that they can share. Also, if there are any other tools you use for this besides ePortfolios, I'd love to hear about that too. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kathy_haddad

I have the same question. I am teaching photo online and am looking for a way to have group critiques and a way to leave audio messages on images that students submit.

0 Kudos
Shar
Community Champion

Hello Peggy and Kathy,

In general, when we have students submit projects (like slideshows) for others to look at and comment on, I have set it up as a discussion. The students then upload their work and others can reply to their thread.

But since your students may have multiple photos/images to show, maybe consider letting each students set up a Discussion with their work in the "discussion prompt" and then others can reply to the individual discussions. You can either let students create discussions https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12844-415295578  or you can set up the discussions for the students in advance.

Personally, I prefer for the students to create the discussion themselves so they can put their work on the page rather than as an attachment and let others reply.

Hope the resource helps,
Cheers - Shar