cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvanausdall
Community Participant

ePortfolios

Jump to solution

Canvas ePortfolios can more than 1 image be uploaded to a page?  For instance on my "Welcome Page", I can upload an image.  However, when I save it and go to add another image, it puts it on top of the previous image and the first image is gone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hello  @kvanausdall ‌ - You CAN, but not--confusingly--by using the Image/File upload content editor but rather through the default Rich Text Content placeholder.  You essentially want to follow the instructions given here:  How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor?   Because you will have to use the Embed Image icon on the rich content editor's toolbar, I would recommend first placing the images into your personal files folder, as covered here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12934-415241464  You can then add the images into the rich content editor in any manner that you like.  I did a very quick example using a few images here in a sample ePortfolio, so that you can see that this method works:

271856_two images in eportfolio.jpg

I hope this helps a bit, Kyle!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hello  @kvanausdall ‌ - You CAN, but not--confusingly--by using the Image/File upload content editor but rather through the default Rich Text Content placeholder.  You essentially want to follow the instructions given here:  How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor?   Because you will have to use the Embed Image icon on the rich content editor's toolbar, I would recommend first placing the images into your personal files folder, as covered here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12934-415241464  You can then add the images into the rich content editor in any manner that you like.  I did a very quick example using a few images here in a sample ePortfolio, so that you can see that this method works:

271856_two images in eportfolio.jpg

I hope this helps a bit, Kyle!

View solution in original post

Amanda_L_Albrig
Community Contributor

Unfortunately, this option does not allow you to edit the HTML so as to better align the image with the text. For example, if the Home page has a student's photo and the desired photo location is float: right. The Rich Content Editor does not include the View HTML option like all the other editors throughout Canvas. As such, you need to use the HTML/Embed building block and then know how to code the HTML to create the entire page.

Any chance the ePortfolio will ever get the same RTE/RCE that the rest of the system uses?

Amanda

About the best I can recommend,  @Amanda_L_Albrig ‌, is to vote "up" a Feature Idea that looks like it was just recently submitted: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12092-make-editing-eportfolio-pages-more-user-friendly .  To be brutally honest, I don't think it will gain much traction but it's still worth a vote.  (I just did.)  I fear that ePortfolios, in general, are not terribly high up on the list of things that Canvas is devoting resources to.