cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrogan
Community Participant

editing quiz questions from prior year's work

Jump to solution

I have past quizzes with audio that I want to edit the question number only. "Canvas" will disable or knock off the question when I try to edit it. Any suggestions? I want the text and audio to remain the same, just a new number.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clcavana
Community Contributor

I have noticed that when you rename or number a question when editing a quiz, it stays in the 'edit' mode, but the actual quiz will always default to "question #". The way I know to change the numbers is to reorder the questions in edit mode by clicking and dragging each question to the number position you want it to be. Here is an example I did in my practice course to show you what it looks like in edit mode and how it reads during the quiz:

1.jpg 2.jpg

While part of me would like for my own identifiers to stick, the automation that Canvas does according to order is a big time saver if you begin using question banks or randomization.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
clcavana
Community Contributor

Do you mean question order? For example, you might want to move question #3 later in the sequence so that it becomes question #7.

bbrogan
Community Participant

yes, move the order and change the question number

Beth Brogan '86

Director of Academic Support

Bishop Chatard High School

317.251.1451 ext. 2252

clcavana
Community Contributor

I have noticed that when you rename or number a question when editing a quiz, it stays in the 'edit' mode, but the actual quiz will always default to "question #". The way I know to change the numbers is to reorder the questions in edit mode by clicking and dragging each question to the number position you want it to be. Here is an example I did in my practice course to show you what it looks like in edit mode and how it reads during the quiz:

1.jpg 2.jpg

While part of me would like for my own identifiers to stick, the automation that Canvas does according to order is a big time saver if you begin using question banks or randomization.

View solution in original post