cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daria_minina

email change in an announcement

Jump to solution

Hello!

Do the students receive an notification email each time  I change an announcement in the course?

Thank you!

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@daria_minina , students will only receive a notification when a new announcement has been created; they will not receive notifications of any subsequent edits that one might make to an existing announcement. Therefore it is not good practice to edit an announcement after it has been sent; instead, create a new announcement to alert students of content changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@daria_minina , students will only receive a notification when a new announcement has been created; they will not receive notifications of any subsequent edits that one might make to an existing announcement. Therefore it is not good practice to edit an announcement after it has been sent; instead, create a new announcement to alert students of content changes.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @daria_minina ​...

We have not heard from you since you first posted your question on August 30th.  Did Stefanie's response help to answer your question?  I'll also note that students may not receive e-mail notifications about announcements depending on how they have their notification preferences set up in their own Canvas profiles...because they can choose how often to get e-mail notifications (which could include not at all).

How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications?

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?

I am going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered".  However, it won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments to this thread.  If you feel Stefanie's answer is "Correct", you can mark her response as such.

Thanks Daria.