favorited course not showing up

Jump to solution
gillsr
Community Member

I have a student who is unable to see my course on her dashboard. Every class we go in and favorite my course, but it doesn't stay favorited and resets every day. She has to go into "all courses" in order to find my course and I'm not sure how to help her. She is definitely enrolled in the course and can see everything just fine, but she has to go through several extra steps to just find my course in the first place. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Most likely this will require direct 1:1 troubleshooting on the student's device, or a ticket to Canvas Support, @gillsr . I'm guessing here, but if the student is accessing Canvas through Chrome, it's possible that she has a setting enabled in the browser that clears cookies and cache daily or clears them when the browser is closed, and that might be removing the favorite she chose the previous day. 

Given the variables involved, the best course of action would be to ask Canvas support to have a look at the environment ( How do I get help with Canvas as a student? )

View solution in original post