cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjesse
Community Participant

grade book?

Jump to solution

Is there an easy to have your grade book sort items so the most recent appear on the left side of the grade book?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

I believe the order in the gradebook is determined by the order that you have on the Assignments page. You can drag and drop to re-order the assignments there and that will be reflected when you reload the gradebook, but there's not a "sort by most recent" option.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
James
Community Champion

I believe the order in the gradebook is determined by the order that you have on the Assignments page. You can drag and drop to re-order the assignments there and that will be reflected when you reload the gradebook, but there's not a "sort by most recent" option.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bjesse ​...

Currently, you can use the cog wheel (next to the "Import" and "Export" buttons) on the right side of your Gradebook to sort by due date or by assignment group.  I'm not aware of anything that would automatically sort it by most recent.  However, you can click and drag the column headers to wherever you want to do some manual sorting.

Hope this helps somewhat for you.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jinx Smiley Happy

James
Community Champion

Yours is a much more complete answer, though. I keep forgetting about the ability to drag and drop and resize within the gradebook.

sdemirhan
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Brian Jesse,

I would suggest for you to make this as a feature request by clicking HERE. By suggesting this idea in the community, you will have the chance to see your idea go on to a voting stage, where others will be able to make votes on the idea. If there is high enough of votes, then it may be taken into consideration by the Product team. I hope this information helps.