cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s3797983
Community Member

help asap

how do i access the assessments folder? i dont understand these guidelines, its my first time doing this... im just going to copy and paste down below what its asking me to do.

For the link to assessment folder:

1. Right click on the folder you created in the ASSESSMENTS folder and select Get Shareable Link.
  1. Copy this link and paste it into the table.
  1. Write 150-200 words for the first and the last exercises.
  2. Submit this document alongside your photos in the folder you created with your name on it.

2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @s3797983   and welcome to Canvas Community!  I know that you need to find a solution to this problem quickly, so wanted to get back to you with a couple of thoughts.  Looking at these directions, the first thing that came to mind is that perhaps you are creating a folder in a program like Google Drive.  I associate Google Drive with shareable links more than Canvas itself.  It is also possible that this assignment refers to folders created in a 3rd party software link to somewhere within Canvas. 

To get the most timely answer to your question based on your need ASAP, you might try one of these options:

1- Contact Canvas Support directly through one of the options in the question mark icon.  Support can look at your class and this assignment directly and see if they understand what you are supposed to do within Canvas.

2- Contact the group that supports Canvas at your institution (IT, eLearning, etc.). This group should also be able to look directly at the assignment to see what you do.

3- Contact the course instructor- You can do this through the Canvas Inbox or you may have an email or phone number for questions.  The instructor will certainly know what he/she has in mind.

Those in the Community may have trouble helping your troubleshoot as we are at different institutions around the world and cannot access your class.  Being said, there are very experienced Canvas users here and someone may know of a solution to your problem that I have not considered, so do continue to check back on the thread here.

As I mentioned, this may not be a very helpful response, but I wanted to get back with you on something since you are in a time crunch.

Best wishes and good luck!

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @s3797983 .  We haven't heard from you in a while so I thought I would check in and see if you were able to find a resolution to the problem you reported. I am going to go ahead and mark this as "assumed answered" for now, but this can be changed if needed and marking the question as assumed answered doesn't prevent continued discussion in the thread.

All the best!