Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trigoangeles

help signing onto canvas

Jump to solution

I have an account with canvas but it isn't allowing me to add my class.. can someone pls help me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @trigoangeles and welcome to the Canvas Community!  I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty.  Your best bet in finding a solution will likely be to contact someone who supports Canvas at your institution (IT, Distance Learning, etc.).  The Canvas Community is made up of fellow Canvas users at institutions around the world.  While great at answering a wide variety of questions, some issues we face are more specific to how Canvas is being used at our own institutions.

There could be a number of issues you are running in to.  At my institution, sometimes students find their way to the general Canvas login page and not the log in page for our university.  This causes problems logging in.  Other common issues we face are students typing in the incorrect username or their password expiring.  Once logged in to Canvas our students should see their classes in their dashboard, but if they don't it could be because their registration hasn't gone through yet, the course isn't published, or the term starts sometime in the future.  There are instances where students will receive a message with a link to join a class or navigate to a catalog to add a course.  Someone at your institution will be able to look at your situation specifically and see how to help you move forward.

I hope this helps and the problem gets resolved quickly. 

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @trigoangeles and welcome to the Canvas Community!  I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty.  Your best bet in finding a solution will likely be to contact someone who supports Canvas at your institution (IT, Distance Learning, etc.).  The Canvas Community is made up of fellow Canvas users at institutions around the world.  While great at answering a wide variety of questions, some issues we face are more specific to how Canvas is being used at our own institutions.

There could be a number of issues you are running in to.  At my institution, sometimes students find their way to the general Canvas login page and not the log in page for our university.  This causes problems logging in.  Other common issues we face are students typing in the incorrect username or their password expiring.  Once logged in to Canvas our students should see their classes in their dashboard, but if they don't it could be because their registration hasn't gone through yet, the course isn't published, or the term starts sometime in the future.  There are instances where students will receive a message with a link to join a class or navigate to a catalog to add a course.  Someone at your institution will be able to look at your situation specifically and see how to help you move forward.

I hope this helps and the problem gets resolved quickly. 

Best of luck!