cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tammy_gillespie
Community Member

how do I remove a course from Canvas Commons

Jump to solution

once I upload a course to the commons, how do I remove it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @tammy_gillespie ...

This Guide, How do I edit the details of a resource in Commons?, has a screen shot showing you how you can remove a resource that you've previously shared to Canvas Commons.  Look under the heading "Edit Resource".

I hope this will help you, Tammy.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...stay safe...and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @tammy_gillespie ...

This Guide, How do I edit the details of a resource in Commons?, has a screen shot showing you how you can remove a resource that you've previously shared to Canvas Commons.  Look under the heading "Edit Resource".

I hope this will help you, Tammy.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...stay safe...and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jmanzatt
Community Participant

Can you PLEASE stop posting links?  I don't have access to those links!  Just post the answer HERE, where people are asking the questions!

@jmanzatt  Posting links to official Instructure documentation is a best practice that ensures our members will always have access to updated resources and eliminates the need to type and retype the same response. We've fixed the broken link, so you now be able to view it—and whenever you find that a link is broken, try searching for the name of the resource: it will usually come up in search results.

Hello @jmanzatt ...

I have to agree with @Stefanie here.  The reason that my reply from early August 2020 had a link that wasn't working was because the Canvas Community website had transitioned to a new platform, and so there were some links that didn't re-direct properly.  Unfortunately, the link I had originally shared (which Stefanie has now corrected) was one of those links that didn't re-direct.

I normally do not type out the directions (though I've been known to do so at times) when replying for a couple reasons:

• Guides are already available here in the Community and often contain screen shots and other information that I wouldn't always include in a reply to someone.
  • When/If a Canvas feature changes in the way it functions down the road, any typed instructions that I provided at the time might become obsolete.  And, I wouldn't necessarily come back to a posting to update my instructions...because they were the correct solution at the time of my reply.  I trust that the Canvas Documentation Team will make efforts to update their Guides to make sure that the most up-to-date information is included for you and for others.

I hope this helps to clarify things a bit for you.  Thanks.