cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jling
Community Participant

how do you cancel a flexible learning plan?

Jump to solution

how do you cancel a flexible learning plan once you've set a master plan for a class?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Flexible Learning is a tool developed by Canvas Professional Services.  John can submit a Canvas help ticket for help with regards to this tool because while it is an add-on, it was developed by Professional Services.  I know this is a late reply, but I came across this while I was searching for something else.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jling , you've posted your question to the global Canvas Community, where users of the Canvas LMS exchange their tips and tricks about how to use Canvas's features. Cancelling a "flexible learning plan" after setting a "master plan" are not Canvas processes or components, but sound more like something specific to your school's curriculum and course setup. I recommend that you redirect your question to someone at Metro East Web Academy - Home  who might be able to assist.

jling
Community Participant

The Flexible Learning Tool is a Canvas feature, but I guess it's rather new.  There's nothing about it as I can see.  This is not something specific to our school.

I will check,  @jling ​, to be sure--but I've never heard of anything in Canvas that is called a "Flexible Learning Tool." I am willing to stand corrected. Smiley Happy

OK,  @jling , thanks to the thorough and thoughtful assistance of my fellow coach  @kmeeusen ​, I've learned that the "Flexible Learning Tool" to which you refer is most likely part of the LTI app Integration of Cloud-Based Learning Management System with Student Information System | SoftServe  or of some other external app (Kelley tells me that Pearson MyLab incorporates something with a similar name). I've received additional confirmation from Community Director  @scottdennis  that the "Flexible Learning Tool" is not a thing in Canvas. Smiley Happy

However, although external apps and LTIs such as these are not part of Canvas, it's possible you're seeing a navigation link in your Canvas courses to a Flexible Learning Tool if someone designed the course to link to an external application--which means that to you, it looks like it's part of Canvas, even though it is not.

How are you seeing and accessing the flexible learning tool in your Canvas courses?

...and one other note,  @jling ​, just to make sure we have covered all the possible bases: Canvas currently has a feature in development for MasteryPaths, and you will find the writeup here: Canvas Studio: MasteryPaths   This feature is in beta testing in a very small number of schools, and perhaps yours is one of those. Can you take a moment to check that out and let us know if that is the case?

jling
Community Participant

Actually, you are correct, Flexible Learning is more of an add-on app. I'm

having a hard time finding support for it though if not through Canvas.

John Ling

MS Math, Health & Fitness and HS Biology

Metro East Web Academy

Call/Text: 971-319-1066

Set an appointment with me <http://jling.youcanbook.me>

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Stefanie Sanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

jling
Community Participant

Yes, it is a link on my navigation for my courses:

John Ling

MS Math, Health & Fitness and HS Biology

Metro East Web Academy

Call/Text: 971-319-1066

Set an appointment with me <http://jling.youcanbook.me>

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:36 AM, stefanievsanders@gmail.com <

Hi John,

This is almost certainly an add-on that your institution has integrated into Canvas.  I apologize that we don't have access to the information we'd need to help you.  I would echo Stefanie's original advice about contacting someone at your local institution.

Thanks

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

John:

I did a little research and did verify that this is a third-party app integrated with your Canvas instance. Unfortunately, I found a half-dozen different vendors with products that include a "Flexible Learning Path" feature.

Your best bet for support is to contact your school or district's LMS Admin/Support department, since they would have most likely been the ones to install the integration. However, I don't want to leave you hanging if I can help it. If you know who developed the product, Pearson, SoftServe Inc., etc.; perhaps I can locate their support services for you.

KLM